Remote / Flexible. Would preferably be able to work some time in our offices at Kingston upon Thames, Surrey
Some travelling required, possible 1 trip per annum (1 week) regions such Latin America, Middle East, Africa.
Providing customers with hands on engineering support for Creativity Software developed software. Working hours may on occasion vary, but will be mostly normal business hours, with occasional out of hours support cover, as needed, with time in lieu.
We are looking for somebody with at least some basic Linux and database skills. The person will be asked to perform support tasks and respond directly to our clients in case of problems.
There is a great deal of scope for technical development in this role and the role holder will be able to take on more responsibilities depending on their experience and required learning path. Learning will be largely on the job and peer led.
2nd / 3rd Line Support
- Remote troubleshooting and problem analysis on systems deployed to a Linux environment in our customer environments.
- Proactively monitoring and verifying the deployed solutions and their behaviour.
- Routine customer communication to track issues, liaising directly with customers and in-country partners
- Conducting customer solution health checks and producing reports on these.
- Taking support calls from customer technical teams via phone, email or ticketing system.
- Taking responsibility for the above and following to resolution.
- Reproducing issues or bugs in local environments and creating Jira issue reports.
- Providing customers with advice, guidelines, and / or documentation.
- Some configurations of in-house software.
- Assistance with analysis of test results from customer deployments.
- Post deployment / upgrade health checks
- Covering out of hours customer contact if required.
- Comply with SLA obligations towards customers and follow up internally with the appropriate teams to that end.
- Observe and help develop best practice within the company for all support issues.
- Follow documented procedures to ensure the health of our deployed customer solutions.
Additional depending on experience
- Troubleshooting GMLC/SMLC to Core/Radio network integrations.
- Systems testing.
- Troubleshooting of networking equipment (load balancers, switches, VPN, etc.).
Knowledge and Technical experience
- A BSc minimum is required, preferably Software Eng., Telecom Eng., or Computer Science and equivalent to UK 2:1
- Good level Linux
- Good level SQL preferably with MySQL or Postgres
- Experience of customer facing roles
- Problem-solving in a complex software environment.
- L2 or L3 experience from a support role in Telecoms, Finance – or any other industry where there are mission critical systems would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the ITIL framework
- Knowledge of location technologies and/or experience with geo-location data
- Knowledge of Telecom environment and technologies including OSS / BSS industries.
Soft Skills required
- Bright, Dynamic and Reliable.
- Able to communicate and liaise with customers whose first language is not English at a technical level.
- Able to write excellent quality technical documentation such as: user guides, operation manuals, etc. in English.
- Knowledge of other languages a plus – e.g., Spanish, Arabic.
- Demonstrate leadership and autonomy
The culture and management of Creativity Software is based on respect – for self and others – trust, and empowerment. In practical terms this means that individuals are given goals/objectives and are expected to take responsibility for achieving them with minimal supervision.
Mature, responsible individuals flourish within this environment, and are encouraged to be open and honest, to always seek support and feedback. There is a reasonable amount of documentation – of policies, best practice etc – and these need to be understood and observed. However, the nature of the business means that discretionary judgements are required frequently – and the individual will be encouraged to take on responsibility/autonomy within this context.