Due to increased demand for our products, we are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our highly professional team.
Remote working (partial or full) is an option for this role dependent on home location.
Main Role Responsibilities:
- Preparation, installation and ongoing support of Creativity Software systems and software deliverables.
- Act as first point of contact for support issues for specific customers and work in conjunction with local 2nd line support teams and all relevant internal staff to provide support to all customers.
- Support to internal infrastructure and solutions as well as occasional individual support to technical and non-technical teams.
Knowledge and Experience
The candidate should be bright, dynamic, and reliable. They should also have solid communication skills and work in a highly structured manner. The candidate should have skills and experience commensurate with at least 5 years in a similar role.
- Strong Linux skills
- Installation, configuration of Linux (CentOS), Apache, MySQL, PHP, etc.
- OS hardening
- Setup of networking equipment (switches, load balancers, VPN, etc.),
- Setup and configuration of monitoring/alert tools (e.g. TICK, Nagios)
- Installation of hardware and software systems, at client sites and remotely
- System dimensioning, provisioning and configuration
- Experience of support and maintenance to internal office networks and workstations
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Ansible, and Docker
- Familiarity with VM tools such as VMware and oVirt
- Knowledge of NFV/VNF environments and tools would be a distinct advantage (e.g. OpenStack).
- MySQL setup and ideally tuning and replication
- Postgres experience is beneficial
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to liaise both with clients and internal teams to address issues effectively
- Able to communicate and liaise at a technical level; including to customers whose first language is not English
Minimum formal qualifications required:
BSC or MSC in Computer Engineering
- Able to write excellent quality technical documentation such as: installation guides, operation manuals, test plans, etc. in English
- Experience of ITIL, ISO and quality management processes would be beneficial
- Knowledge of additional languages a plus (e.g. Spanish, Arabic)
Job Purpose and Objectives
Key purpose of the role:
At the outset of our projects you will prepare environments for the initial deployments of Location Based Services solution elements, deploy those elements following a defined procedure, documenting any deviations, and then ensure the deployment is complete and ready to pass to support. Subsequently, in each project, and indeed for any of our international customers, you will provide the highest standard of ongoing support.
This will initially be during UK working hours, however availability for out of hours cover (24/7) will eventually be required (i.e. on call, as part of a rota).
Main objectives / key deliverables / targets:
- Comply with customer support SLAs
- Proactively monitor and maintain our deployed solutions
- Help develop best practice within the company for systems testing, deployment and support
The culture and management of Creativity Software is based on respect – for self and others – trust, and empowerment. In practical terms this means that individuals are given goals/objectives and are expected to take responsibility for achieving them with minimal supervision.
Mature, responsible individuals flourish within this environment, and are encouraged to be open and honest, to seek support and feedback at all times. There is a reasonable amount of documentation – of policies, best practice etc – and these need to be understood and observed. However, the nature of the business means that discretionary judgements are required frequently – and the individual will be encouraged to take on responsibility/autonomy within this context.
This is a significant role within the company. The speed of delivery of a solution to our customer’s requirements and its subsequent stability and performance can be greatly affected by the role holder. It is a customer facing role, and much of the assessment of the capability of CS by the customer will be based on the level of professionalism demonstrated by the role holder. This is essential for the retention of customers and securing future business from them.
For some projects, a degree of security clearance may be required (up to SC) and candidates must be willing to apply for such clearance with Creativity Software.