The successful candidate will play a key role in our dynamic and award-winning company. You’ll be responsible for providing customers with hands on engineering support for CS developed software. This will be to mobile network operators, law enforcement and emergency service organisations worldwide.
What are the main job responsibilities?
- To help ensure that we comply with SLA obligations towards customers, and follow up internally with the appropriate teams to that end.
- Observe and help develop best practice within the company for all support issues.
- To routinely follow documented procedures to ensure the health of our deployed customer solutions.
2nd Line Support
- Remote troubleshooting and problem analysis on systems deployed to a Linux environment in our customer environments.
- Proactively monitoring and verifying the deployed solutions and their behaviour.
- Routine customer communication to track issues, liaising directly with customers and in-country partners
- Conducting customer solution health checks and producing reports on these.
- Taking support calls from customer technical teams via phone, email or ticketing system.
- Taking responsibility for the above and following to resolution.
- Reproducing issues or bugs in local environments and creating Jira issue reports.
- Providing customers with advice, guidelines, and / or documentation.
- Some configuration of in-house software.
- Assistance with analysis of test results from customer deployments.
- Post deployment / upgrade health checks
- Covering out of hours customer contact if required.
What is the expected minimum level of experience required for this role?
- A BSc minimum is required, preferably Software Eng, Telecom Eng, or Computer Science and equivalent to UK 2:1
- We are looking for somebody with at least some Linux, and database skills.
- The person will also have good experience of customer facing roles and provable problem-solving experience in a complex software environment.
- The person will be highly articulate and numerate and will have experience of supporting similarly complex projects.
- Hands on L2 or L3 experience from a support role in Telecoms, Finance – or any other industry where there are mission critical systems would be beneficial.
- Unlikely to meet our requirements if they do not have experience commensurate with at least 2 years in a technical role with similar responsibilities, although exceptional Graduates with less experience may be considered.
Candidates needs to be:
- Bright, Dynamic and Reliable.
- Able to communicate and liaise with customers whose first language is not English at a technical level.
- Experienced to a degree with Linux.
- Experienced to a degree with SQL preferably with MySQL or Postgres.
- Able to write excellent quality technical documentation such as: user guides, operation manuals, etc. in English.