We’re looking for a SS7 Tester to join the technical team in our London office.
The successful candidate will play a key role in our dynamic and award-winning technical team. You’ll be responsible for testing mission-critical systems that are delivered for mobile network operators, law enforcement and emergency service organisations worldwide.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure products and releases reach a high level of quality before they are delivered to the client
- Perform manual, automated and performance testing
- Write test plans and reports including UAT test plans
- Assist with UAT events
- Educated to 2:1 degree standard. (Maths or highly numerate subject qualifications would be advantageous)
- Experience commensurate with ~3 years working for large telecom organisations, having followed structured testing methodologies
- Good understanding of GSM/UMTS/LTE network and 3GPP standards.
- Experience of SS7 / Sigtran (MAP and SCCP) signalling testing.
- Experience of OMA MLP
- Practical knowledge of automatic testing tool such as JMeter.
- Experience of Protocol Analyzer tools like tcpdump, snoop etc.
- Experience of writing test scripts (Bash, etc.) and writing simple SQL queries.
- Experience of exploratory testing.
The following knowledge and experience is desirable:
- Experience of Core / Radio Network interface testing
- Experience of telecoms infrastructure with respect to that involved in location calculations e.g. GMLC, SMLC.
- Experience of performance testing
- Good command of Linux.
- Experience of testing Diameter (LTE) protocols
- Experience of assisting with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for external clients
- Experience of writing telecom test frameworks using CPPUnit/Google C++/TCLTk
- Very good skills documenting and organising the UAT deliverables
- Experience of (math) algorithm testing.